Jan. 28, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- BT announced today it will support Cisco's InterCloud service working alongside Citrix and NetApp to broaden its Cloud Compute portfolio and improve the way its hybrid cloud solutions benefit customers globally.
As organizations increasingly turn to the cloud for flexible and cost efficient ways of delivering IT services, the migration of workloads between different cloud environments remains a challenge. Cisco's newly launched InterCloud, based on open standards and supporting Citrix CloudPlatform powered by Apache CloudStack, enables companies to move workloads, such as storage, compute and applications, across different clouds in a highly secure way.
BT worked with Cisco, Citrix and NetApp to develop and launch its Cloud Compute services across 17 countries in
, the Americas, the
The service is currently used by companies spanning many industry sectors. For example, it allows life sciences companies to collaborate globally on crucial research and development projects and improve their speed to market. It is also used by leading international law firms to provide clients with fast access to legal and market know-how across
, director of BT Compute portfolio at BT Global Services, said, "As more applications are being driven to the cloud, the need for flexibility and control is critical for IT departments. Working with global companies in various industries offers us the insight into the daily challenges these IT organisations face. Our global network reach and extensive Cloud Compute capability give us a unique advantage in helping our customers design and build cloud solutions that are tailored to their needs."
Notes to Editors
About BT Compute
- Available in 17 countries locally with 24/7 local service
- Delivered from Tier 3 or better data centres
- Access options: Portal, multi-lingual and multi-currency, open API, role-based access
- Architecture: Multi-availability zones across public and private resources
- Security: Role-based access, virtual security appliance, port forwarding
- Integration: Active directory and LDAP supported
- Network: Load balanced, multi VLAN, WAN connectivity available, virtual routing
- Commercial: Flexible pricing per hour, per month, or per annum
- OS supported: Microsoft, Linux, customer generated templates, ISO images
- Hypervisors supported: VMware, Citrix
Cisco InterCloud paves the way for interoperable and highly secure public, private and hybrid clouds that span across multiple public and private clouds and between premises-based applications and public clouds. Cisco InterCloud enables hybrid clouds by allowing organisations to combine and move workloads across different clouds as needed, easily and with high security while maintaining associated network and security policies. On-demand flexibility and workload portability allow organizations to cost-effectively select their optimal cloud strategy.