On 1/30/14, UBS AG's UBS Preferred Funding Trust IV Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Trust Preferred Securities (UBS.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.0185, payable on 2/18/14. As a percentage of UBS.PRD's recent share price of $16.18, this dividend works out to approximately 0.11%. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 1.38%, which compares to an average yield of 5.81% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, UBS.PRD was trading at a 35.48% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of UBS.PRD shares, versus UBS:
Below is a dividend history chart for UBS.PRD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.0185 on UBS AG's UBS Preferred Funding Trust IV Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Trust Preferred Securities:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, UBS AG (UBS) makes up 3.69% of the Bank and Brokerage ETF (RKH) which is trading higher by about 1.1% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV