Teens, Communities, And Scientific Experts Team Up For National Drug Facts Week
NIDA to release interactive Drug IQ Challenge and host online chat for teens seeking drug facts
BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Teens and scientists will connect for the fourth National Drug Facts Week, held Jan. 27 – Feb. 2. Through community‐based events, online activities, and a Web-based chat with scientists, this week-long observance encourages teens to get facts from experts about drugs and drug abuse. It is coordinated by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health.
To view the Digital Media Release, please click here: http://dmr.homefrontdc.com/149/l0514-2014-national-drug-facts-week-digital-media-release/
"National Drug Facts Week is designed to shatter the many myths spread by friends, celebrities, media and the Internet about drug use and abuse," said NIDA Deputy Director Dr. Wilson Compton. "When given the facts from trusted sources, teens are better equipped to make smart decisions."Community-based education events with teens and experts are planned across the country during National Drug Facts Week. Information about local events can be found at: http://teens.drugabuse.gov/ndfw/map. NIDA will also host its annual Drug Facts Chat Day, where students from more than 100 high schools nationwide participate in a live, Web-based Q&A with NIH scientists to get information to make healthy decisions. Although registration is now closed, the chat can be followed online. Questions from past Chat Days include:
- Why do some people get addicted to drugs and others don't?
- Can prescription drugs like Adderall help me focus, even if I don't have ADHD?
- How can marijuana be bad for you if it is used as medicine?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV