After the bell Monday, the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based business recorded a fourth-quarter net loss of 9 cents a share on $73.44 million in revenue. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated unadjusted net income of 2 cents a share on $73.33 million in revenue.
Revenue for the fourth quarter was 28% higher than a year earlier, due to new license agreements signed with SK Hynix, Micron Technology (MU) and ST Microelectronics.
Over fiscal 2013, the company reported an annual net loss of 30 cents a share, compared to consensus of a 19 cents a share loss. Full-year revenue of $271.5 million was in line with analyst expectations and 16% higher than total sales over 2012.For 2014, management expects customer licensing income and revenue between $295 million and $305 million, compared to consensus of $301.63 million. TheStreet Ratings team rates RAMBUS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate RAMBUS INC (RMBS) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RMBS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV