3 Electronics Stocks Dragging The Industry Down
1. As of noon trading, Broadcom Corporation ( BRCM) is down $0.39 (-1.3%) to $28.89 on average volume. Thus far, 4.1 million shares of Broadcom Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.76-$29.20 after having opened the day at $29.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.28. Broadcom Corporation provides semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Its products offer voice, video, data, and multimedia connectivity in the home, office, and mobile environments. Broadcom Corporation has a market cap of $15.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate Broadcom Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Broadcom Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Broadcom Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts