4. As of noon trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) is up $0.69 (1.8%) to $39.76 on average volume. Thus far, 3.4 million shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.54-$40.62 after having opened the day at $39.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.07. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, engages in the development, exploitation, exploration, production, and marketing of natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids in the United States. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 69.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 16 analysts who rate Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts