Dynex Capital (NYSE: DX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 13.30%. Dynex Capital, Inc., a mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT), invests in mortgage assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.54. The average volume for Dynex Capital has been 358,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dynex Capital has a market cap of $443.1 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dynex Capital as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $56.02 million or 49.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.45%.
- The gross profit margin for DYNEX CAPITAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.51%. Regardless of DX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DX's net profit margin of -14.64% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The share price of DYNEX CAPITAL INC has not done very well: it is down 17.73% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 124.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $19.17 million to -$4.63 million.
- You can view the full Dynex Capital Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts