IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones (NYSE: IRS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.20%. IRSA Investments and Representations Inc., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in a range of diversified real estate related activities in Argentina. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.49. The average volume for IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones has been 48,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones has a market cap of $584.5 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 19.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 36.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.78 million to $5.63 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $35.36 million or 32.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts