Campus Crest Communities (NYSE: CCG) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.20%. Campus Crest Communities, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership, development, building, and management of student housing properties under the Grove brand name in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 57.25. The average volume for Campus Crest Communities has been 609,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Campus Crest Communities has a market cap of $590.8 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Campus Crest Communities as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $15.47 million or 36.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.45%.
- CAMPUS CREST COMMUNITIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMPUS CREST COMMUNITIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.16 versus $0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.17 versus $0.16).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 46.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.99 million to $4.83 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CAMPUS CREST COMMUNITIES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Campus Crest Communities Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts