WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Jan. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Building on its success outside its home state, First Tennessee Bank has opened an office in Jacksonville, Fla. The move continues the growth of the bank's Mid-Atlantic Region, which is led by President John Fox and includes the North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and now the North Florida markets. First Tennessee is a subsidiary of First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN).
The new office will serve the Jacksonville market with private client banking, wealth management through FTB Advisors, commercial banking and commercial real estate. Plans call for full-service banking to be offered when the office moves to a downtown business district location in late spring.
Jacksonville joins existing Mid-Atlantic offices in Winston-Salem, Raleigh and Charlotte, NC, Richmond, VA, and Charleston, SC, extending a road to new business opportunity that began in 2004 with the opening of First Tennessee's first office in the region."We're excited about this new opportunity to serve customers in Jacksonville," Fox said. "First Tennessee is easy to do business with, and we believe our differentiated service will enable us to continue our growth and success in this region. Jacksonville shares characteristics with our other markets in the Mid-Atlantic, so we're building on our success." First Tennessee Bank, which celebrates its 150th anniversary in March, is known for being engaged in the communities it serves. Rotcher Watkins, senior vice president and market executive, will lead the Jacksonville office and has assembled a team of experienced bankers with deep roots in the area:
- John R. Schmitt, senior vice president and team leader, manages commercial financial services and private client banking. With a degree from Florida State University and 33 years in banking in the state, Schmitt has served in leadership roles with the Florida Bankers Association, the Jacksonville Symphony and the Jacksonville Chamber.
- Patrick F. Kincaid, vice president, manages commercial and corporate banking relationships. A Jacksonville native with a degree from the University of North Florida and more than 10 years of banking experience, Kincaid serves on the board of the Gator Bowl Association and is a member of the First Coast Manufacturers Association in Jacksonville.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts