- Consumers want help from utilities to better manage their resources. A total of 80 percent of consumers are displeased by the current level of information they get from their utilities and the majority want more information about efficiency programs. Further, consumers rank “offering energy efficiency programs” as a top unmet need from the utility industry.
- Government policy is critical, but currently perceived as a barrier. According to 94 percent of utility executives, current regulation and lack of clarity around regulation is a top barrier to infrastructure investment. Utility executives list dealing with new regulations – or the possibility of new regulations – as the number one challenge for the industry.
- Technology is a key to transformation. More than half of utility executives said they would invest in technology if they had an increased budget, and 75 percent said effectively managing big data is critical to modernizing infrastructure.
“Itron Resourcefulness Index” Finds Global Utility Industry At A Technology Tipping Point
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts