Rorke Global Solutions ™ (RGS), a business unit of Avnet, Inc.’s (NYSE: AVT) Electronics Marketing group in the Americas, gives a sneak peek at RGS Cold Storage powered by SageCloud™ during the Open Compute Project (OCP) Summit in San Jose, Calif. Experts will be on hand to demo the first-of-its-kind cold storage solution for archival, backup and big data. RGS Cold Storage powered by SageCloud is a cost-efficient way to store infrequently accessed data on disk. Designed for petabyte-scale data centers, the on-premise solution is ideal for financial services, healthcare, media and entertainment, government and cloud services markets.
Designed in accordance with OCP principles, RGS Cold Storage powered by SageCloud is the answer for IT professionals struggling with fixed budgets and what the International Data Corporation estimates will be a 50 fold growth in the digital universe through 2020. Industry analysts estimate that 80 percent of this data is written once and accessed infrequently. RGS Cold Storage powered by SageCloud allows IT managers to store this data at $.01/GB/month, a cost lower than any other disk-based solution.
RGS Cold Storage powered by SageCloud will be available in April and is on track to be the first fully integrated, certified and tested rack-level solution in the cold storage market. A fully integrated beta version will be offered in February. RGS, SageCloud and OCP support the scalability of cold data storage using energy-efficient systems and open compute standards.“In today’s competitive markets, customers want a one-stop shop that can design, deliver and install solutions that fit their specific needs,” said Scott MacDonald, vice president and general manager, RGS. “RGS Cold Storage powered by SageCloud is fully supported by Avnet, and includes installation by RGS professional technicians, giving customers the competitive advantage.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV