PUNE, India, Jan. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) today dedicated the company's 8,000 square-meter (90,000 square-foot) technology center in Pune, India. Home to more than 240 engineers, this facility is strategically equipped and located to offer world-class engineering capabilities to original-equipment manufacturers in the light-vehicle, commercial-vehicle, and off-highway markets in India and throughout the region.
The Dana India Technical Center is the company's 13th facility in India, further expanding Dana's footprint in the region to support future growth. Dana employs more than 2,900 people in India, including those operations in which the company holds a joint interest.
" India is a vital market that propels economic growth throughout the Asia Pacific region, and our investment in that country over the past half century demonstrates our commitment to and confidence in the region," said Dana President and CEO Roger Wood. "The Dana India Technical Center allows us to offer our customers unmatched local technical expertise and a direct connection to our industry-leading global engineering resources."
Dana customers in India including Ashok Leyland Ltd., Caterpillar India, Deere and Co., Force Motors, Ford India, General Motors India, Mahindra & Mahindra, Mahindra Trucks and Buses Ltd., TAFE, Tata Motors, and VE Commercial Vehicle Ltd. Export customers include Caterpillar, Ford, Land Rover, Nissan, Renault, Still, and Toyota.Devoted to the research, design, development, and testing of drivetrain, sealing, and thermal-management products, the Dana India Technical Center is fully integrated into Dana's global research and development system to support new products from concept development through launch, as well as to adapt technologies developed elsewhere in the world for the specific needs of the Indian market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV