PARIS, Jan. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CGG and Spectrum announced today that the acquisition of the high-end BroadSeis TM 3D multi-client survey program offshore Brazil in the Foz do Amazonas Basin has commenced early January as planned. As communicated earlier, the two companies are working as equal partners on this project which has received high prefunding from a number of major industry players.
The 11,330 km 2 survey is being acquired by the Oceanic Endeavour deploying Sercel's new-generation Sentinel RD solid streamer. The high-end BroadSeis data set will be processed in CGG's Rio de Janeiro subsurface imaging center.
About CGGCGG ( www.cgg.com ) is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical and reservoir capabilities to its broad base of customers primarily from the global oil and gas industry. Through its three complementary business divisions of Equipment, Acquisition and Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir (GGR), CGG brings value across all aspects of natural resource exploration and exploitation. CGG employs over 9,800 people around the world, all with a Passion for Geoscience and working together to deliver the best solutions to its customers. CGG is listed on the Euronext Paris SA (ISIN: 0000120164) and the New York Stock Exchange (in the form of American Depositary Shares. NYSE: CGG).
|Tel: +33 1 64 47 38 11|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV