Royal Gold Inc. Stock Upgraded (RGLD)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- RGLD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 25.32, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ROYAL GOLD INC is currently very high, coming in at 96.84%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.89% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- ROYAL GOLD INC's earnings per share declined by 43.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL GOLD INC reported lower earnings of $1.09 versus $1.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.26 versus $1.09).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 27.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ROYAL GOLD INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.