SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (Nasdaq: ALTR) will discuss how its innovations in semiconductor design are paving the way for its Generation 10 products to enable the evolution of next-generation networks at DesignCon 2014. Altera experts in high-speed SERDES, signal integrity, jitter and packaging technology will showcase Altera technologies being developed today and how they will drive future high-speed communications systems, including CFP4 optical module interconnects, 56 Gbps chip-to-chip interconnects, 25+ Gbps backplane and heterogeneous multi-chip integration. Altera participation at DesignCon 2014 includes in-booth silicon demonstrations, panel discussions, paper presentations and tutorials.
The industry-leading transceiver technology Altera offers today forms the backbone of high-end networks and communications infrastructure. Altera's transceiver technology delivers the industry's highest serial bandwidth, enabling the evolution of backplane and high-speed optical networking systems. The innovations Altera has made in transceiver technology over generations of products provide the foundation for future development of transceivers to drive CEI-56G links that will offer the connectivity to drive the next generation of 400G optical networks, 400G line cards and beyond.
At DesignCon 2014, Altera is demonstrating in silicon several key capabilities that will be offered as part of the company's Generation 10 portfolio of products, including a 25G backplane demonstration and an interoperability demonstration between a Stratix® V FPGA and next-generation low-cost, low-power CFP4 modules.In-booth Demonstrations:
- In the TE Connectivity booth #607, Altera, Texas Instruments (TI) and TE Connectivity will show a 25G backplane demonstration featuring Stratix V GT FPGAs and TI re-timers. The demonstration shows key interoperability for enabling next-generation backplane ecosystems.
- In the Yamaichi booth #519, Stratix V GT FPGAs are being used in a CFP4 active copper cable demonstration, showing the interoperability between the FPGA's 28-Gbps transceivers and Yamaichi's CFP4 module and cable assembly components. The technology being demonstrated today will enable future 400G Ethernet systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV