According to the Wall Street Journal, Slym died after falling from the 22nd floor of the Shangri-La hotel in Bangkok. The executive was in the city attending a board meeting of Tata's Thai division. Police are investigating the case as a possible suicide due to a note left inside Slym's hotel room.
Slym joined Tata in October 2012 and helped further the company's plans to grow sales. Sales of the automaker's Nano minicar have slipped since 2009, however, despite its sub-$2,500 price tag.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV