SodaStream spokeswoman Nirit Hurwitz told CNNMoney.com that the company removed one of the lines in its ad, specifically the final line: "Sorry, Coke and Pepsi." The original advertisement ended with Scarlett Johansson, the new celebrity spokeswoman for the make-your-own soda brand, sipping on her soft drink before she utters the line in question.
Hurwitz said Fox (FOXA), which airs the Super Bowl this year, has cleared the edited version to air.
The stock was up 1.12% to $37.10 at 12:55 p.m. on Monday.SodaStream ran into a similar problem last year when CBS, which aired Super Bowl XLVII, rejected its ad that promoted its use of reusable bottles as a greener alternative to Coke and Pepsi's bottles. The advertisement featured actors dressed as Coke and Pepsi deliverymen as they created a mess with exploding bottles. "We could have saved 500 million bottles on game day alone," the ad said. TheStreet Ratings team rates SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL LTD (SODA) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 29.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SODA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.02, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $4.95 million or 13.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 13.75%, SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL LTD is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 72.06%.
- The gross profit margin for SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 56.49%. Regardless of SODA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SODA's net profit margin of 11.34% compares favorably to the industry average.
- SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL LTD' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.09 versus $1.34 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.2% in earnings ($1.94 versus $2.09).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SODA Ratings Report