Queen Latifah To Sing "America The Beautiful" At Super Bowl XLVIII On FOX
NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- QUEEN LATIFAH will sing "America The Beautiful" as part of Super Bowl XLVIII pregame festivities at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on Sunday, February 2, the NFL and FOX announced today. The performance will be televised live on FOX prior to kickoff.
More than 164 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's Super Bowl, the most-watched television program in history. The pregame show, including the National Anthem and "America The Beautiful," and Super Bowl XLVIII will be broadcast worldwide.
Queen Latifah, host of the The Queen Latifah Show, is a musician, actress, a label president, an author and entrepreneur, Queen Latifah is a Grammy Award and Golden Globe Award-winning artist as well as an Emmy and Academy Award nominee.
New Jersey-native Queen Latifah will return to the Super Bowl after first singing "America The Beautiful" at Super Bowl XLIV. Last year, JENNIFER HUDSON along with 26 children from the Newton, CT community sang in advance of Super Bowl XLVII. Other artists to have performed the song at Super Bowl include VICKI CARR (Super Bowl XI), RAY CHARLES (Super Bowl XXXV), MARY J. BLIGE & MARC ANTHONY (Super Bowl XXXVI), ALICIA KEYS (Super Bowl XXXIX), FAITH HILL (Super Bowl XLIII), LEA MICHELE (Super Bowl XLV), BLAKE SHELTON and MIRANDA LAMBERT (Super Bowl XLVI).The NFL previously announced that RENÉE FLEMING will perform the National Anthem, AMBER ZION will perform in American Sign Language the National Anthem and "America The Beautiful," and BRUNO MARS will perform in the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show. The pregame and halftime shows are an NFL NETWORK PRODUCTION and will be executive produced by RICKY KIRSHNER .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV