NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- YRC Worldwide (YRCW) gained 4.4% to $19.62 Monday after the International Brotherhood of Teamsters union approved a five-year extension of the trucking company's collective bargaining agreement.
The union approved the contract, extending the collective bargaining agreement until March 2019. YRC said the contract will help provide job security for its workers. The agreement also will help YRC reduce its debt and refinance more than $1 billion.
The proposal received 66% of the vote from Teamsters union employees. The union rejected a different proposal earlier this month.
YRC CEO John Welch said that with the extension the trucking company "took another significant step toward providing our employees the job security they deserve while providing our prospective lenders and equity investors the path they need for the company to achieve a complete recapitalization and achieve a healthy capital structure."YRCW data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV