3 Consumer Goods Stocks Driving The Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, Apple ( AAPL) is up $3.91 (0.7%) to $549.98 on average volume. Thus far, 6.5 million shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $549.40-$554.80 after having opened the day at $550.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $546.07. Apple Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries design, manufacture, and market mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players worldwide. Apple has a market cap of $496.4 billion and is part of the consumer durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 28 analysts who rate Apple a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Apple as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Apple Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts