NEW YORK (TheStreet) The Super Bowl is finally coming home.
Super Bowl XLVIII is being played in the New York/New Jersey area for the first time ever, scheduled for play on Sunday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The metro area is going all out for it, with events planned in Hoboken (my home town!!), Times Square, and various other parts of New York City to kick off the big game.
Once you've gotten your friends and family over and you're all settled in for the game, the party is just beginning. Aside from the enormous amounts of food and um, beverages, you'll be consuming, technology can add to the excitement of the game. That is, of course, if you're willing to stop playing beer pong.
Here are five apps from Apple's (AAPL) iTunes Store that you can download to make your Super Bowl XLVIII experience more enjoyable, and let New York and technology make you feel like you'll be the one yelling "Omaha" this weekend if your plans audible, even if you're not a fan of the Seattle Seahawks or the Denver Broncos (besides, who really likes the Broncos anyway?).
(Full disclosure: The author is a die-hard Patriots fan and is still depressed about the team's playoff defeat by the Broncos, despite them being supremely outclassed.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV