Reminder - Crescent Point Energy (CPG) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
On 1/29/14, Crescent Point Energy Corp (TSX: CPG.TO) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.23, payable on 2/17/14. As a percentage of CPG's recent stock price of $39.08, this dividend works out to approximately 0.59%, so look for shares of Crescent Point Energy Corp to trade 0.59% lower — all else being equal — when CPG shares open for trading on 1/29/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for CPG, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.23 declared by Crescent Point Energy Corp:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from CPG is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 7.06% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of CPG shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, CPG's low point in its 52 week range is $34.53 per share, with $41.60 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $39.04.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, CPG makes up 3.15% of the Unconventional Oil & Gas ETF (FRAK) which is trading lower by about 0.5% on the day Monday. In Monday trading, Crescent Point Energy Corp shares are currently down about 0.7% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV