NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- Chinese online game developer
(GAME) announced Monday that it had received a nonbinding takeover bid from a group led by its controlling shareholder. Shares were gaining 12% to $6.33 in early Monday trading.
Shanda Interactive Entertainment and an affiliate of Primavera Capital, which combine to own an approximately 76% stake in Shanda Games, have made an offer of $6.90 per American depositary share (ADR) to buy the company's remaining shares. Shanda Games will now review the proposal via the creation of a special committee of independent directors, which will also review "other strategic options," according to the company statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV