By this time next year, the average household will have lost thousands of gallons of water through leaking pipes, faucets and toilets. New Jersey American Water is launching a social media contest to encourage customers to check their homes for leaks and get them fixed. The “Pint-Sized Plumbers” program is designed to get the whole family involved in addressing a problem that nationally results in the loss of an estimated one trillion gallons of water every year. And through the Pint Sized Plumbers contest, homeowners may win one of several prizes, including a high-efficiency washing machine, for their efforts.
“We spend millions of dollars in treating water, as well in replacing and maintaining our aging water infrastructure in order to get that water to our customers’ homes,” said William Varley, president of New Jersey American Water. “We want our customers to take a look at their home’s water infrastructure to cut back on the waste. On top of that, fixing easily corrected household water leaks can save homeowners on their water bills.”
Pint-Sized Plumbers is easy to participate in, and runs until the Environmental Protection Agency’s annual Fix-a-Leak Week (March 17-23), when the winners will be announced. Anyone wanting to enter simply has to:
- Download a free leak detection kit from the company’s website at http://www.amwater.com/Customer-Service/Wise-Water-Use/ or through the contest on the company’s Facebook page at http://bit.ly/1avkEkm
- Use the kit to inspect their home for leaks, and fix them.
- Take pictures of their family members helping with the inspecting and fixing.
- Post their favorite photo on the Pint-Sized Plumber tab on the company’s Facebook page, available directly through this link http://bit.ly/1avkEkm.
Winners will be selected during Fix-a-Leak Week by a panel of water professionals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV