RESTON, Va., Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced that, in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's Decision and Order dated September 20, 2013, it has signed an agreement to acquire and license certain assets related to cross-platform audience measurement services of Nielsen Audio (formerly Arbitron, Inc.), including television and radio data collected through the Portable People Meter (PPM). This agreement enables continued inclusion of certain Nielsen Audio data in comScore's cross-media measurement solutions.
As outlined by the FTC, the agreement "requires Nielsen to sell and license, for at least eight years, certain assets related to Arbitron's cross-platform audience measurement services to an FTC-approved buyer." The agreement ensures that the acquirer "will get everything it needs to replicate Arbitron's participation in a national syndicated cross-platform audience measurement service."Serge Matta, President of comScore, said: "This agreement will provide comScore the ability to use a range of Nielsen Audio assets and technology in current and future multi-platform media measurement efforts and will allow the broader industry to benefit from continued innovation in this area. We look forward to building on our previous innovations in multi-platform media measurement and fulfilling our ongoing commitment to the industry to address critical cross-media measurement challenges." About comScore comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo. SOURCE comScore, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV