Sony Corporation (SNE) Moving On Heavy Volume In The Pre-Market Hours
- SNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.5 million.
- SNE traded 476,480 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:08 AM, representing 15.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNE: Sony Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. SNE has a PE ratio of 4.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sony Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Sony Corporation has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sony has a market cap of $17.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are down 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sony Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.61, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that SNE's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.54, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,223.24 million or 28.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SONY CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 72.06%.
- SONY CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SONY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.30 versus -$5.52 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 41.7% in earnings ($0.18 versus $0.30).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, SONY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SONY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 3.01%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.07% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts