Update (9:33 a.m.): Updated with Monday market open information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Pacific Crest now sees Amazon (AMZN) shares reaching $475 and rated the online retailer at "outperform." The firm sees Amazon in solid positioning for a strong 2014.
The stock was rising 0.62% to $390.01 shortly after the market opened on Monday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AMAZON.COM INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AMAZON.COM INC (AMZN) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,389.00 million or 47.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 36.62%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 85.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 49.14% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Internet & Catalog Retail industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 85.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$274.00 million to -$41.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for AMAZON.COM INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.53%. Regardless of AMZN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.23% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMZN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV