ALLDATA® Mobile SM for Android TM Has the Potential to Change the Industry With Wireless Access to OEM Repair Information, Plus Vehicle Connectivity
ELK GROVE, Calif., Jan. 27, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ALLDATA LLC, the leading provider of manufacturers' automotive repair information and solutions for the professional automotive service and collision repair industries, has launched the Android version of its ALLDATA Mobile app, previously available only for the iPad ®.
"One of the challenges for technology companies, such as ALLDATA, is the prevalence of multiple environments in which we must operate," said ALLDATA President Jeff Lagges. "Both Android and iOS are extremely popular, and users of both can now take advantage of wireless access to factory repair information. A tech can take his or her tablet out into the parking lot, on test drives, into the bay and even under the car. This truly is an industry-changing product."ALLDATA Mobile for Android joins the previously introduced app for use with iPad ®. It offers portable access to ALLDATA's OEM diagnostic and repair information. The app is designed to increase productivity by eliminating the need for a technician to leave the vehicle in order to refer to a laptop or desktop computer. When paired with a Bluetooth connection adapter, ALLDATA Mobile for Android offers vehicle connectivity through the OBD port. A technician can read VIN information and pull standard P Codes, which are linked to specific manufacturers' repair articles. P Codes can also be stored by VIN, as well as cleared. The system is easy to use, allowing fast searches for procedures, diagrams, diagnostic data and technical service bulletins. "ALLDATA Mobile for Android or iOS is destined to become a must-have tool for repair shops," said Lagges. "Efficiency is everything when it comes to remaining competitive and our mobile app is all about efficiency."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV