Carnival Corporation (CCL) Leading In Pre-Market Activity
- CCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $173.1 million.
- CCL traded 36,825 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:37 AM.
- CCL is up 3.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CCL: Carnival Corporation operates as a cruise and vacation company worldwide. The company operates in two segments, North America; and Europe, Australia, and Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. CCL has a PE ratio of 26.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Carnival Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Carnival Corporation has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Carnival has a market cap of $24.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 6.9% with 5.79 days to cover. Shares are up 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Carnival Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CCL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.19 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA)'s earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) reported lower earnings of $1.38 versus $1.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.67 versus $1.38).
- You can view the full Carnival Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts