VANCOUVER, Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Nevsun Resources Ltd. (TSX: NSU)(NYSE MKT: NSU) ("Nevsun") is very pleased to announce it has hired Tom Whelan as its Chief Financial Officer.
CEO Cliff Davis commented: "We are particularly happy that we have attracted such a high calibre individual. Tom provides additional depth to our management team and provides capacity for future growth."
Tom Whelan comes from the international accounting firm Ernst & Young LLP where he was the EY Global Mining & Metals Assurance sector leader, the leader of the EY assurance practice in Vancouver and previously the EY Canadian Mining & Metals Sector Leader. Tom has a long tradition of working with some of Canada's largest mining companies as well as in-bound global mining companies with operations in Canada. He is a very experienced executive with extensive public company experience and several years in the mining industry. Tom will be commencing employment in mid-February.
We welcome Tom to the Nevsun team.About Nevsun Resources Ltd. Nevsun Resources Ltd. is a Vancouver-based mining company. Nevsun's 60%-owned Bisha Mine commenced commercial production in February 2011 and ranks as one of the highest grade open pit copper mines in the world. Nevsun has a strong balance sheet to grow shareholder value through exploration at Bisha and acquisition of additional mining assets. NEVSUN RESOURCES LTD. "Cliff T. Davis" Cliff T. Davis President & Chief Executive Officer SOURCE Nevsun Resources Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV