During 2013, In Motion generated $15 million US dollars in revenue and gross margin was 50 percent of revenue. Sierra Wireless will fund the purchase price from its existing cash balance.
The transaction is subject to the approval of In Motion shareholders, and voting and support agreements have been obtained from the required number of holders for each share class. The transaction is structured as a statutory arrangement and requires the approval of the British Columbia Supreme Court. The transaction is also subject to post-closing working capital adjustments customary for a transaction of this nature. The transaction is expected to close in early March 2014, subject to customary closing conditions.
Additional information about the transaction is available in the Investor Information section of the Sierra Wireless website.
CIBC World Markets Inc. is acting as financial advisor and Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP is acting as legal counsel to Sierra Wireless. Garibaldi Capital Advisors is acting as financial advisor and Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP is acting as legal counsel to In Motion.Conference call and webcast Sierra Wireless President and CEO, Jason Cohenour, and CFO, David McLennan, will host a conference call and webcast with analysts and investors today, January 27, at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (5:00 AM PT). A live slide presentation will be available for viewing during the call from the link provided below. To participate in this conference call, please dial the following number approximately ten minutes prior to the commencement of the call: Toll-free (Canada and US): 1 (877) 201-0168 Alternate number: 1 (647) 788-4901 Conference ID: 36118694 For those unable to participate in the live call, a replay will be available for 30 days following the call. Dial 1 (855) 859-2056 and enter Conference ID number 36118694 to access the replay.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV