TYSONS CORNER, Va., Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spherix Incorporated (SPEX) -- an intellectual property development company committed to the fostering and monetization of intellectual property, is very proud to announce that its CEO, Anthony Hayes has been named one of the top 10 personalities of the year of 2013 by IAM. IAM focuses on how IP rights and other intangibles can be used to drive revenue, improve profitability, increase shareholder value and also provide greater flexibility in the financial markets.
Joff Wild of IAM Magazine said " Anthony Hayes – He began 2013 announcing that he would be managing a $30 million patent investment fund. But Anthony Hayes did not end 2013 doing that. Instead, he is now in charge of NPE Spherix which, on 31st December outlined the details of its purchase of 101 patents from another NPE, Rockstar, in a deal that involved the issuance of $60 million worth of Spherix securities (this is the second deal with Rockstar that Spherix did in 2013; the first took place in July and was almost immediately followed by assertions VTech and Uniden). Hayes took over as CEO and President of Spherix following the completion of its purchase of North South Holdings in September and has been kept very busy ever since. Away from deal-making and litigation – though not unconnected to them – Hayes oversaw the creation of a Technology Advisory Board "to help provide compensation to inventors of patent portfolios acquired by Spherix". It was a very smart move."
On behalf of Spherix, Board Member Edward Karr said "We are proud of this distinction for both Anthony and the company. The recognition by IAM further supports our belief that Spherix is a leader in the patent monetization arena"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV