In trading on Friday, shares of Goldman Sachs Group Incorporated's Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series A (GS.PRA) were yielding above the 5% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $0.9375), with shares changing hands as low as $18.75 on the day. This compares to an average yield of 5.79% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel. As of last close, GS.PRA was trading at a 24.60% discount to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average discount of 2.17% in the "Financial" category. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend.
The chart below shows the one year performance of GS.PRA shares, versus GS:
Below is a dividend history chart for GS.PRA, showing historical dividend payments on Goldman Sachs Group Incorporated's Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series A :
In Friday trading, Goldman Sachs Group Incorporated's Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series A (GS.PRA) is currently up about 0.5% on the day, while the common shares (GS) are off about 1.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV