On 1/28/14, General Finance Corp's 9.00% Series C Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock (GFNCP) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $2.30, payable on 1/31/14. As a percentage of GFNCP's recent share price of $104.50, this dividend works out to approximately 2.20%, so look for shares of GFNCP to trade 2.20% lower — all else being equal — when GFNCP shares open for trading on 1/28/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 8.81%, which compares to an average yield of 31.65% in the "Business Services & Equipment" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, GFNCP was trading at a 4.50% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of GFNCP shares, versus GFN:
Below is a dividend history chart for GFNCP, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $2.30 on General Finance Corp's 9.00% Series C Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock :
In Friday trading, General Finance Corp's 9.00% Series C Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock (GFNCP) is currently trading flat on the day, while the common shares (GFN) are down about 0.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV