Adami said that at current levels, CAT looks like an attractive short-sell candidate since it is near the upper end of its range. Brown added that any sort of bad macro economic data could send the stock significantly lower.
Vodafone (VOD) was the first stock on the show's "Pops & Drops" segment. Seymour suggested not chasing the stock after it fell 3%.
Merck & Co. (MRK) was up 1% on a Morgan Stanley upgrade. However, Brown found it too expensive and he's not a buyer.
Lululemon Athletica (LULU) dropped 3% and Finerman said it's almost down to a buyable price.Xerox (XRX) fell 5% and Adami said investors could buy the stock at $9. Larry McDonald, senior director at NewEdge, was a guest on the show. He said investors should be focused on the shadow banking issues in China, but admitted it would likely take awhile to a hurt a strong bull market like the current one in U.S. equities. He suggested investors focus on the credit default swaps from financial institutions as tells on what may happen next. Brown said investors should not get caught up in all of these new but very odd exchange-traded funds such as the LocalShares Nashville Area ETF (NASH) and the Forensic Accounting ETF (FLAG). He referred to them as "snake oil" sales. For their final trades, Finerman is a buyer of United Rentals (URI) and Seymour is selling United Technologies (UTX). Brown said to buy Corning (GLW) and Adami is buying Barrick Gold (ABX). -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV