The technology giant beat on top- and bottom-line estimates but provided a below-consensus, second-quarter guidance to go along with lower-than-expected sales of the iPhone.
Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said it seems like the stock will set up as a good long on Tuesday. He added Tuesday's low is unlikely to surpass Monday's after-hours low.
Karen Finerman, president of Metropolitan Capital Advisors, said gross margins look pretty good, but Apple needs a new product category as a positive catalyst for the stock. She added that it's a hard stock to value but below $500 it is attractive.Tim Seymour, managing partner of Triogem Asset Management, said many investors want the positive catalyst to be China, but earnings per share growth won't be that big due to the region. Below $515, AAPL could have some trouble. Josh Brown, CEO and co-founder of Ritholtz Wealth Management, said the stock could get crushed, just as it did around the same time last year. He argued Apple stock is cheap and that shouldn't happen. He questioned why a company like Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) trades with a higher valuation. Colin Gillis, senior tech analyst at BGC Financial, was a guest on the show. He downgraded AAPL in Monday's trading session, based on valuation and his price target. He said the company desperately needs a new product to get investors excited again. Gillis added that iPhone demand is still good, but softer than what analysts had expected. He also said that iPhone activations on the China Mobile Limited (CHL) network are strong, but it could be the end of the "miraculous iPhone run" of upside estimate beats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV