Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:50 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Monday.
"Things are really faltering" at Lululemon Athletica (LULU), Cramer said, and that makes him avoid the stock. LULU was also downgraded to hold from buy at Janney Montgomery. LULU fell 2.8% to $46.27.
Bank of America/Merrill Lynch upgraded Peabody Energy (BTU) to hold from sell and raised its price target to $20 from $15. Cramer said "Peabody is a beneficiary" of higher coal prices, which should get a boost from higher demand due to the cold weather. BTU rose nearly 1% to $16.97.Kansas City Southern (KSU) had a "horrendous conference call" following its top- and bottom-line miss, Cramer said. The company is being plagued by a major train loss in the Gulf, as well as failing Mexican startup plants. KSU fell 20 cents to $99.29. Barclays downgraded Toll Brothers (TOL) to hold from buy and KB Home (KBH) to sell from hold. The analyst reasoned that the Federal Reserve has succeeded in boosting home prices, Cramer said. TOL was 1.6% lower at $35. Raymond James upgraded Potash (POT) to buy from hold and increased its price target to $37 from $30. Cramer wasn't sure why analysts are warming up to the sector, saying, "I don't understand the sudden love affair" with agriculture. POT rose nearly 1% to $32. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) will release a miniseries called Farmed and Dangerous, a comical documentary about industrial farming and why consumers should choose to eat at Chipotle restaurants. The company is "taking an attack against the food chain," Cramer added. CMG fell nearly 1% to $489.31. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV