Today's Top Performers In Financial
1. As of noon trading, Discover Financial Services ( DFS) is up $2.30 (4.4%) to $54.70 on heavy volume. Thus far, 5.0 million shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.75-$55.50 after having opened the day at $54.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.40. Discover Financial Services, a bank holding company, provides direct banking and payment services in the United States. It operates in two segments, Direct Banking and Payment Services. Discover Financial Services has a market cap of $25.6 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts who rate Discover Financial Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Discover Financial Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts