ATLANTA, Jan. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation, a best-in-class commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, contact center and business intelligence solutions, today announced the release of a special SmartHub® Holiday Promotions study focused on the promotions offered during key dates of the 2013 holiday season.
SmartHub® Benchmarking, Innotrac's proprietary industry benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The studies evaluate over 230 leading merchants across 81 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns.
"The holiday season is an extremely important time for the majority of retailers," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "Most retailers have their highest quarterly sales revenue during this time and it really becomes a make or break situation for them. One of the ways retailers have addressed this challenge is through promotions for their online business. Consumers today expect aggressive promotions, especially during the holiday shopping season, so we decided to take an in-depth look at what some of the leading retailers are actually doing."
The special SmartHub ® study evaluated the promotions offered by retailers during five days over the holiday season: four of which were highly promoted shopping days, including Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Free Shipping Day, and one day intended to represent a baseline day ahead of the heaviest shopping days.Consumer experience with each retailer's website was evaluated including:
- Promotions: the number and type of promotions offered "above the fold", meaning promotions which were presented when a consumer initially accessed the merchant's website without having to click, search or scroll. Data collected included the type of promotion, amount of discount and whether a promotion code was required in order to receive the promotion
- Popups: whether banner, popup or other disruptive user interface element was presented to the consumer during the brief interaction
- Free Shipping: the number and type of promotions offered to consumers including the price point at which free shipping was offered and whether a promo code was required to receive free shipping
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV