EVERETT, Wash., Jan. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) has rolled out the first Boeing 787 Dreamliner built at the rate of 10 airplanes per month. The airplane, a 787-8 and the 155th Dreamliner built, will be delivered to International Lease Finance Corp. for operation by Aeromexico.
The new 10 per month rate is the highest ever for a twin-aisle airplane. The 787 program has now increased its production rate three times in just over a year, including to five airplanes per month in November 2012 and seven per month in May 2013.
"This rate increase reflects the continued strong demand for the 787," said Larry Loftis, vice president and general manager, 787 program, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "A disciplined approach that combined employee teamwork with technology was key to achieving the higher rate."
Boeing assembles and delivers 787s in two locations: Everett, Wash., and North Charleston, S.C."The entire 787 team is now focused on capturing efficiencies at this historic level of production, as well as meeting our commitment to increase the production rate to 12 per month in 2016 and to 14 per month by the end of the decade," Loftis said. To date, 115 787s have been delivered to 16 customers. The program has 1,030 total orders from 60 customers worldwide.
This airplane will be the fourth 787 operated by Aeromexico and will be used on the airline's Mexico City - London Heathrow route. Contact: Debbie Heathers787 Communications+1 206-766-2913 email@example.com Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/ SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV