Heavy Trading On Tenaris (TS) Before Market Open
- TS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.1 million.
- TS traded 1.0 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:14 AM, representing 73.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TS: Tenaris S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the steel pipe manufacturing and distribution activities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. TS has a PE ratio of 15.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tenaris a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenaris has been 880,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenaris has a market cap of $26.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenaris as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TS has a quick ratio of 1.73, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.27% to $753.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.43%.
- 41.70% is the gross profit margin for TENARIS SA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.42% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TS, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Tenaris Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV