Update (9:55 a.m.): Updated with Friday market open information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Credit Suisse forecasts Lockheed Martin (LMT - Get Report) reaching $150. The firm raised its estimates on the stock and set a "neutral" rating as sales seem to have bottomed.
The stock was down 2.39% to $146.90 shortly after the market opened on Friday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP (LMT) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 64.07% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $8.34 versus $7.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.52 versus $8.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 20.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $727.00 million to $873.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LMT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LMT Ratings Report