- $1 million fund enhances access to care through community mental health organizations
- Apply on line at Bell.ca/LetsTalk
MONTREAL, Jan. 24, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today announced that applications are open for the annual $1-million Bell Let's Talk Community Fund, which provides grants ranging from $5,000 up to $50,000 for community-based mental health initiatives from coast to coast to coast.
"The Bell Let's Talk Community Fund is dedicated to improving access to mental health care and fighting the stigma around mental illness at the grassroots level in every region of Canada," said Mary Deacon, Chair of Bell Let's Talk. "Since 2011, more than 150 local mental health organizations in communities large and small have relied on grants from the Fund. We look forward to welcoming more community partners to Bell Let's Talk in 2014."
Registered not-for-profit organizations, charities, hospitals and social services agencies are invited to apply for funding of localized mental health programs. The 2014 application period is open until March 31 via the Bell.ca/LetsTalk web site and grants will be disbursed before December 31, 2014."The mental health of Canadians is important to our Government," said The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Health. "The Bell Let's Talk Community Fund is an invaluable resource which provides funds for community-based mental health initiatives. I applaud Bell for continuing to make these important investments, which go a long way in promoting the mental health of our children, families and Canadian communities." While 20% of Canadians will experience a mental illness in their lifetimes, 2 in 3 suffer in silence for fear of being judged or rejected because of the continuing stigma. The Bell Let's Talk Community Fund is focused on enabling local, grassroots organizations in every province and territory to fight the stigma and enhance care options in their communities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV