- Continuing to grow above market in many product categories including vessel sealing, stapling, sutures and sensors.
- Announcing the acquisition of Given Imaging, advancing the company’s strategy to more comprehensively address key specialties and procedures globally.
- Announcing the addition of two advanced energy devices to Covidien’s vessel sealing portfolio -- LigaSure Impact™ and LigaSure™ Blunt Tip -- as well as the new Capnostream ® 20p bedside monitor.
- Entering into two transactions - one in Brazil and the other in China - that will accelerate the company’s emerging markets ‘value segment’ strategy.
- Announcing the sale of the Confluent biosurgery product line to enable even greater focus on growth initiatives. This transaction closed on January 15.
- Acquiring approximately 4.5 million ordinary shares under a previously announced share buyback program.
Covidien Reports First-Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.