Louisiana-Pacific Corp. (LPX): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Louisiana-Pacific rose $0.57 (3.2%) to $18.16 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,143,662 shares of Louisiana-Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,600,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.31-$18.16 after having opened the day at $17.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.59. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Caesarstone Sdot-Yam (CSTE), up 5.2%, Sterling Construction Company (STRL), up 3.1%, Vulcan Materials Company (VMC), up 2.9% and Patrick Industries (PATK), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Louisiana-Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV