SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Yelp Inc. (NYSE: YELP), the company that connects consumers with great local businesses, today announced that Mariam Naficy has been appointed to the company's board of directors effective January 21, 2014. Ms. Naficy replaces Keith Rabois who has resigned from the board of directors effective January 17, 2014.
"We are pleased to welcome Mariam to our board of directors," said Jeremy Stoppelman, chief executive officer and co-founder of Yelp. "As a pioneer of consumer internet models, her experience leading innovative companies and building a global community of artists and designers at Minted will be extremely helpful as we continue to build Yelp communities around the world and grow our business. I would also like to express my deep appreciation for Keith's long service to Yelp. He has provided invaluable counsel and strategic guidance as we have grown the company from a nascent start-up to the public company it is today and I am grateful for his contributions to Yelp's success."
Ms. Naficy is the founder and chief executive officer of Minted. She founded the online marketplace for independent design and art in 2007. From 2003 to 2007, she served as the general manager of the e-commerce division at The Body Shop. Previously, she co-founded Eve.com, the first online cosmetics retailer. Ms. Naficy sits on the Board of Every Mother Counts. She started her career in investment banking at Goldman Sachs and is an alumna of Stanford University's Graduate School of Business and Williams College."Yelp has revolutionized the way millions of consumers discover great local businesses," said Ms. Naficy. "I'm excited to join a company whose success is driven by its focus on community and the consumer experience, and I look forward to helping contribute to Yelp's growth around the world."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV