NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Every successful investor is a contrarian: If the sum of all wisdom on a stock says it is worth $100 today, that price captures not just today's value but some future value as well.
If you buy it in the expectation that is it worth more than that -- worth more than what hundreds of thousands of other investors believe -- that is, by definition, a contrarian point of view.
I know very few people that are entirely invested in U.S. small and mid-cap stocks, such as Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP). But I am. Why? Because I believe that if you are in the right place at the right time, then the market is a beautiful place to be right now. U.S. small and mid-cap stocks have been the sweet spot for the past 15 months.
I track 34 asset classes on a daily basis including gold, bonds and emerging markets. Here is my current ranking.Data from Best Stocks NowApp I see so many portfolios full of stocks that ran out of gas years ago. But they have big names and their CEOs says all the right things: Everything is going to get better. Just wait. For them, investing is a faith-based initiative. I like value, performance and a good chart. My Best Stocks Now app tracks nearly 3,800 stocks. With so many to choose from, why do so many people choose the mediocre? In addition to ranking asset classes, I rank 60 sectors in the market on a daily basis. Here is the current leader board. Data from Best Stocks NowApp
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV