Unconventionals - $2.85 billion:
- $2.2 billion for the development of the Bakken Shale in North Dakota. Hess plans to operate 17 rigs and plans to bring 225 new operated wells online. Hess plans to invest $350 million on major infrastructure projects including the completion of the expansion of the Tioga Gas Plant and associated pipeline and compression projects.
- $550 million for drilling approximately 35 wells primarily in the wet gas window of the Utica Shale play in Ohio.
Production - $1.475 billion:
- $350 million to drill five production wells at the Okume Complex and progress facility work at the Sendje Ceiba floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) at Block G (Hess 85 percent – operator) in Equatorial Guinea.
- $300 million to drill three production wells and install gas lift on four flank wells at the Valhall Field (Hess 64 percent) in Norway.
- $300 million to drill ten production wells, install two new wellhead platforms, and progress the Booster Compression Project at Block A-18 (Hess 50 percent) in the Joint Development Area in the Gulf of Thailand.
- $200 million to drill three production wells and one water injection well at the South Arne Field (Hess 62 percent – operator) in Denmark.
- $150 million to drill two production wells and one water injection well at the Shenzi Field (Hess 28 percent) in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Developments - $925 million:
- $400 million for the development and start-up of the Tubular Bells Field in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico (Hess 57 percent – operator). Hess will install the hull, topsides and subsea equipment, complete two production wells and drill a fourth production well.
- $400 million to progress the full field development of the North Malay Basin project (Hess 50 percent – operator) in Malaysia.
Exploration - $550 million:
- Hess plans to drill three appraisal wells and perform one drill stem test on the Deepwater Tano / Cape Three Points Block (Hess 90 percent – operator) in Ghana.
- Complete drilling two wells at the Dinarta and Shakrok Blocks (Hess 80 percent – operator) in Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Conduct 3-D seismic and technical studies in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico in preparation for resuming drilling in 2015.
2014 Estimated Capital and Exploratory Expenditures *
|By Segment:||By Region:|
|Exploration and Production||Exploration and Production|
|Exploration||550||Asia and Other||925|