NEW YORK (TheStreet) Despite rumors to the contrary, Alibaba has no plans to take a stake in Qihoo 360 (QIHU).
Earlier today, the news service Brightwire reported that Alibaba, which is partially owned by Yahoo! (YHOO), had reached an agreement to take a stake in Qihoo 360, citing three sources close to the matter while offering no further details.
When reached for comment, an Alibaba spokesperson said the company had no plans to invest in Qihoo 360, refuting the Brightwire report.
Shares of Qihoo 360 were falling 2.6% on Thursday to $93.43, trimming its advance over the past six months to 62%.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV